A dark chocolate dipping sauce, with the added deliciousness of nut butter…this definitely ups the game for an easy, summery fruit dessert that you can serve immediately.
Serves : Enough to fill a ramekin each of chocolate and nut butter
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: About 5 minutes to melt the chocolate
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- A few spoonfuls of almond or macadamia nut butter
- Fruit of your choice
Making your Masterpiece
- Melt the chocolate and mix in the vanilla essence
- To prevent it from hardening add a little melted coconut oil and mix well
- Place in a ramekin or small bowl
- Place a few tablespoons of nut butter in another bowl
- Serve alongside fruit of your choice, such as watermelon, strawberries, nectarines, figs, cherries etc.
- Dip the fruit into the chocolate and then into the nut butter
A note from Untangl: The dipping sauce can be considered low carb based on the chocolate and nut butter you choose to use (and the type of low carb diet you are following), and can be used as a topping on desserts of your choice. This is also a great recipe to use organic ingredients in, if you’re wanting to add more organic products to your diet.